My dad has always complained about service in America, which I never understood, until today! Everyone selling you anything from food to shoes makes it seem like their life's purpose is to please you and make sure you, the customer is happy. I felt like i brightened the guy selling me borek's day! He seemed genuinely pleased to be working in a hot kitchen in horrible weather. Then there was the assortment of other stores, but mavi jeans sticks out more.

We didn't even ask this woman but she tried her best to use her limited English to find the perfect shirt we were looking for! She asked us all sorts of questions and only laughed when I messed up the arrangement of shirts. She had know issue cleaning up when I made a mess of everything when American store employees moan and groan. She worked with us for twenty min to find a shirt and made it seem like it was the greatest accomplishment of her day! Smiles are contagious!
Then best of all there was the cafe. We met my dad's friend Selcuk this afternoon at a little cafe. We ordered some borek and were chatting. After serving the borek, they came over with two plates full of baklava saying it was their treat because of the holiday tonight (more on this later). Over the course of the meal they noticed I wasn't eating anything. (My stomach was upset since my grandmother was throwing up earlier and you know how i get) but anyway, they offered to bring me anything else which I refused. He then brought over a wheatish cookie saying it was free of charge to help my stomach. Low and behold it did! Then as we left they gave us a free box of pastries because of the holiday.

I do not remember being able to look back on any experience at a store and think of it as enjoyable as I can all of today! American store owners have a thing or two to learn about service.

Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to " "

  1. Unknown, on August 6, 2009 at 12:10 AM said:

    Amazing - Popop

Post a Comment